JOB TITLE: Product Engineer
REPORTS TO: President
SALARY: based on experience
Due to an upcoming retirement, Backer Marathon has an immediate opening for a product engineer. This person will be responsible for product line improvements, and manufacturing process improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate materials for improved product quality or cost savings.
- Work with designers to automate design process.
- Work with sales team to develop designs to meet customer requirements.
- Design tooling and equipment to optimize manufacturing process.
- Evaluate equipment for possible purchase to optimize manufacturing process.
- Proficient in Solidworks or equivalent 3D design program.
- Familiar with machine shop processes.
- Enjoy a “hands on” working environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Clear communication skills to document projects and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
Send resume to email@example.com